Easy creamy potato salad is made with tender boiled potatoes along with a few other ingredients and topped with a quick and tasty dressing! This potato salad recipe offers the perfect combination of crunch and creaminess. It is even better if prepared in advance, making it a perfect dish at any time both as a main course and as a side dish. Every family has their favorite additional ingredients so feel free to customize it to your liking and serve it at picnics, barbecues or parties with family or friends.
Easy creamy potato salad
- 500 g potato
- 4 pickled gherkins
- 1 handful of parsley leaves
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ small onion
- 2-2,5 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Insatructions easy creamy potato salad
- Wash your potatoes well and cook them with their skin on in plenty of salted water until they become tender. Drain and let cool, then remove the skin and cut into smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl, cut the celery, onion and pickled gherkins into very small cubes. Also add the chopped parsley. Add mayonnaise, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Mix, taste and adjust with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the potatoes and mix carefully. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to let it blend the flavours. Remember that potato salad gets tastier with time. Before serving, decorate with more chopped parsley.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 3 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipes with potatoes, check out my Sauteed potatoes with green peppers (Italian friggitelli) (photo below) or Oven roasted potatoes, carrots and zucchini with spieces (photo below).