Oven roasted potatoes, carrots and zucchini with spices is a colorful, simple and inexpensive vegetable side dish. The vegetables are roasted with a mix of spices such as thyme, oregano and garlic which makes them aromatic and flavorful. They are perfect to accompany different fish or meat dishes or to be enjoyed alone with some tasty sauce. They are not fried or au gratin with cheese and breadcrumbs which makes them light and tasty and just as good.
Oven roasted potatoes, carrots and zucchini with spieces
- ½ kg young potatoes
- ½ kg carrots
- ½ kg zucchini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dry or fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½-1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 handful basil leaves (optional)
- lemon juice and olive oil to taste
Instructions oven roasted potatoes, carrots and zucchini with spieces
- Preheat the static oven to 200 ° C and place a rack in the center. Clean your carrots and potatoes. Mine were very fresh so I left the skin but if you prefer you can peel them.
- In a large bowl, place cut into smaller pieces potatoes and carrots. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the vegetables. The thicker the veggies are, the more time they will have to stay in the oven. Add 2 and a half tablespoons of olive oil, thyme, oregano and season with ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to cover the vegetables and then spread on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and roast for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tips of the zucchini. Cut them in half towards the long side and then again into half-moons about half a centimeter wide. Add the zucchini to the bowl you used to season the potatoes and carrots and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and season lightly with salt. Add to the pan then add minced garlic and mix everything to distribute well. Return to the oven and cook until all the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. I cooked them for another 25 minutes.
- Now if you like you can add some fresh chopped basil and that you can mix with lemon juice and some olive oil to give your baked vegetables an extra boost of flavour.
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within few days.
lot of love. B.