If you are looking for an idea for quick yet healthy lunch or dinner I would like to recommend this very simple chickpea salad sandwich with bean sprouts and radishes. It takes a few minutes to prepare it and is an excellent alternative for a vegetarian sandwich filling for those who prefer cold lunch or dinner. It is a great idea for a meal to take with you to work or school without sacrificing nutrition and taste.
Chickpea salad sandwich with radishes and mung bean sprouts
- 240 g canned chickpeas (drained weight)
- 4 tsp (or more) lemon juice
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of mayonnaise
- lemon zest to taste
- 1 stalk of light green celery
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- black pepper to taste
- 2-4 radishes
- 1 spring onion
- fresh or canned mung bean sprouts
- 4 bread slices
Instructions chickpea salad sandwich with radishes and mung bean sprouts
- In a bowl, place previously drained and rinsed chickpeas. Add lemon juice together with the grated lemon zest. Add chopped parsley, olive oil, pepper to taste and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. Mash everything with a fork to create a thick cream but still with a few pieces of chickpeas.
- Now add sliced celery and radishes. Unite finely chopped spring onion and mix well. Taste and adjust with more salt, pepper or lemon juice if necessary.
- Arrange mung bean sprouts on 2 slices of wholemeal bread. Add your chickpea cream divided in half and cover with more sprouts. If you like, add other slices of radish or spring onion and serve.
The cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
lot of love. B.
Note from the author of this recipe
I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^