How to prepare homemade citrus marmalade? There’s nothing more simple. Follow this step-by-step recipe and in no time you can have in your pantry this delicious and luscious orange, grapefruit and lemon marmalade. Sweet, dense and fragrant.
Homemade citrus marmalade
- 6 oranges
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 lemons
- brown sugar same weight as the fruit pulp
- 200 ml of water for each kilogram of sugar
Instructions: Homemade citrus marmalade
- Peel the fruit. Remove all the white filamentous parts, cuticles, seeds. Save the pulp and the juice.
- Weigh the pulp with the juice and add equivalent weight in sugar and 200 ml of water for every kilogram of sugar.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequantly, for about 1 hour – 1 hour 30 minutes. To check if the jam is ready just put one drop of marmalade on a plate that you have previously put in a freezer. If the drop becomes dense in a short time then the marmalade is ready.
Transfer boiling hot marmalade to sterile, airtight containers. Close the lid and turn the jars upside down to create the vacuum effect.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another recipe with bold flavours check my Sweet and sour chutney with pineapple and five spices (foto below).