These roasted zucchini with Parmesan cheese crust and spices are just special. The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity. Don’t think about it too much because it is a really easy, fast, healthy recipe with few ingredients. If you are in an adventurous mood you can vary the spices you mix in super lively combinations with aromatic herbs. It is a perfect recipe for any season, especially for the summer when we have lots of fresh courgettes available. In addition, this recipe does not use eggs or breadcrumbs in the preparation which makes it much less heavy to digest.
Zucchini should be baked in the oven using a “double pan” cooking trick that I explain in detail in the recipe. It is an absolutely optional method but that I personally often use for cooking vegetables in the oven.
Once cooked, these zucchini are crunchy on the outside thanks to the grated Parmesan cheese and various spices. Meanwhile, they remain soft and delicate on the inside. You can vary the cooking times to achieve an optimal result for your preferences. Serve these zucchini as a summer vegetable side dish with your main courses. They are perfect to be enjoyed with various sauces or as a side dish for fish or with barbecue recipes.
Roasted zucchini with Parmesan crust and spices
- 5 zucchini
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp of salt
- ground pepper to taste
- ½ tsp dry rosemary
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp magiorana or thyme or oregano
- olive oil
Instructions roasted zucchini with Parmesan crust and spices
- In a bowl, mix grated Parmesan cheese with salt and ground pepper. Then add paprika and rosemary and mix well. Now add more spice according to your preferences. I have used oregano but you can also use marjoram, thyme, cumin, garlic or smoked paprika. Just follow your instincts.
- Wash your courgettes and remove the tips. Now you have to cut the zucchini crosswise following the length. Brush each courgette with extra virgin olive oil.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Baked zucchini recipe – baking time
- As you have noticed in the previous photo for this recipe I am using “two pan” baking methood. Line your pan with parchment paper. Place the rack on top. Then add your courgettes. This type of cooking allows free air circulation and optimal baking even underneath your veggies. The parchment paper on the pan underneath is used to catch any falling seasoning or melted cheese. This type of cooking is absolutely optional. It’s just a trick I like to use in this recipe. If you don’t like this type of cooking, you can simply place your zucchini on the baking tray clined with baking paper.
- With your fingers, cover each piece of zucchini with the prepared mix of grated cheese and spices and place on the rack.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 200 – 210 ° C for 20 – 25 minutes. If you prefer your courgettes more crunchy inside, cook them for about 20 minutes, otherwise continue baking to make them become more soft.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. If you like, you can sprinkle them with fresh chopped parsley or chilli flakes or even lemon juice.
Store in the refrigerator and use within 24 hours.
p.s. If you are looking for a sweet recipe with zucchini check my Almond and zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting (photo below).