This chickpea and sun-dried tomato salad is a quick and easy idea for a lunch box or a healthy side dish. You can prepare it practically at any time of the year. It’s fresh and super simple to make and you can prepare it in advance the day before. The ingredients pair well with each other and create a light yet flavorful meal.
Chickpea and sun-dried tomato lunch box salad
- 1 can of chickpeas (400g)
- 1 can of bean sprouts (200 g)
- 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 generous tablespoons pitted black olives in brine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handfull of arugula
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Instructions chickpea and sun-dried tomato lunch box salad
- In a bowl combine previously drained and rinsed chickpeas and bean sprouts. Add sliced sun-dried tomatoes and two large tablespoons of black olives. Slice the olives into rings. Also add a handful of chopped arugula salad.
- Add salt and lemon juice. Now add two tablespoons of oil from sun-dried tomatoes and mix everything.
- Set aside for a few minutes to mix all the flavours. Taste and add more oil, lemon juice or salt if necessary. Serve immediately or keep for later.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 2 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another idea for a quick lunch, check out my Italian bruschetta with broccoli rabe (photo below) or Chickpea salad sandwich with radishes and mung bean sprouts (photo below).