Spinach, beans and sun-dried tomatoes skillet is a hot, easy and quick, healthy and nutritious side dish. Fresh spinach leaves are cooked with cannellini beans and spiced with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives and hot chili peppers. They are excellent as a vegetable side dish or to be served on top of a crunchy bruschetta with a some grated cheese.
Spinach, beans and sun-dried tomatoes skillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- fresh or dried chilli pepper or flakes
- 500 g fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 80 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1-2 tbsp of Taggiasca or Leccino olives or other type of black olives
- salt to taste
Instruction Spinach, beans and sun-dried tomatoes skillet
- In a large pan or pot, heat the oil. Add crushed garlic and fresh, dried or flaked chilli pepper to taste. Cook everything for a minute over medium heat, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Rinse the fresh spinach leaves and remove hard stalks if necessary. Add the leaves (without drying them) into the pan, lower the heat and cover with the lid.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the spinach softens. Remove the lid, raise the heat and add the previously drained and rinsed borlotti beans and half a teaspoon of salt. Continue cooking on high heat for another 2 – 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, previously drained of their oil, and choped into smaller pieces. Also add 1 – 2 tablespoons of Taggiasca or Leccino olives.
- Mix, taste and adjust with more salt or spiciness if necessary.
- Cook until the liquid from the spinach almost completely evaporates and until the beans begin to break down, creating a cream. Serve immediately.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.