Grilled vegetable skewers with fresh herb sauce are quick and easy veg recipe and a great way to spice up your summer barbecue with a vegetarian side dish. It’s a pretty basic veg side dish but simple doesn’t mean boring. These veggie skewers are colorful, smoky, lightly crunchy, and full of flavor. Once cooked they are enriched with a sauce prepared with fresh seasonal herbs such as basil, parsley, mint and thyme, as well as olive oil and garlic. This sauce adds a lot of flavor and makes these grilled vegetables perfect to be served as an appetizer, as a vegetarian side dish during barbecues with your family and friends.
Easy grilled vegetable skewers with fresh herb sauce
Grilled vegetable skewers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 zucchini
- salt and olive oil
Sauce with fresh herbs
- 5 mint leaves
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 tsp of fresh thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
Instructions Easy grilled vegetable skewers with fresh herb sauce
- For this recipe I used yellow and green zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers and onion. You can use any type of vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, eggplant. You can use any type of vegetable suitable for cooking on the grill that you like.
- If you use wooden skewers you have to place them for 30 minutes in water. If you use metal skewers it is not necessary. For this recipe I used aluminum pans to place on the barbecue but you can grill your vegetables directly on the grill over the fire.
- The total number of skewers will vary based on several factors, such as the size of each vegetable, the size of the pieces, etc. In addition, cooking times vary according to the temperature of the fire, the type of barbecue or how thick you have cut your vegetables. I always recommend tasting the veggies as they cook to be sure if they are ready.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Instructions for summer grilled vegetables
- Take the onion, peel it and then slice it in half. Cut each half into quarters, as if you were cutting a pizza (8 pieces in total from an onion). Wash the bell peppers, pat dry them and remove the stalk, seeds and ribs. Divide them into layers and then into squares. Finally, cut the zucchini into slices.
- Prepare the herb and garlic sauce. Blend the olive oil, garlic, parsley, mint, basil and thyme with an immersion blender or a small mixer with blades. Add salt, mix and set aside.
- Skewer the vegetables alternating onion, courgette and pepper. Brush the skewers with plain olive oil and sprinkle with some salt.
- Once your barbecue is hot add the skewers and grill for about 5-8 minutes per side. Grill the skewers until the vegetables soften and brown slightly.
- Remove from heat and brush with herb and garlic sauce and serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another idea for a vegetarian barbecue you should definitely try these Chickpea and zucchini veggie burger (foto below).