This zucchini, potato and feta soup is delicious, healthy and light. A perfect quick dish for a summer or early autumn lunch or dinner. It is easy to prepare as you only need a few vegetables, feta cheese, Greek yogurt and the soup is ready in less than 30 minutes. It is delicate but equally flavourful, with a light sour aftertaste thanks to the yogurt and cheese. Highly recommend!
Zucchini, potato and feta soup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red or yelow onion
- 500 g potatoes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- ⅓ tsp ground cumin
- ⅓ tsp ground turmeric
- 300 g zucchini
- 1,5 l vegetable broth
- 170 g plain Greek yogurt
- 200 g feta cheese
- salt to taste
Instructions zucchini, potato and feta soup
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and cook over a low heat until it softens.
- Cut the potatos into 1-2 cm wide cubes and add them together with chopped garlic into the onion. Raise the heat slightly and cook, stirring often, for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now add the cumin and turmeric, mix and cook for another minute.
- Add 1 and a half liters of vegetable broth. Bring to the boil. Cut the zucchini into cubes slightly larger than the potato and add them into the soup. Cook over medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Turn off the flame. Add the Greek yogurt and the diced feta. Mix well, taste and only now add more salt if necessary. Feta tends to be very salty so I recommend salting the soup at the end after adding the cheese. If necessary, add more broth or more salt, bring quickly to the boil and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and consume within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.