This lentil and pumpkin stew is rich, tasty and very fragrant thanks to the addition of smoked paprika and bay leaf. It goes perfectly with garlic and olive oil bruschetta.
Pumpkin and lentil stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup lentils I used lentils made by Bettini
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp or less smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 300 ml tomato sauce
- 450 ml or less vegetable broth
- 260 g Hokkaido pumpkin skin off
- salt to taste
Instructions: Pumpkin and lentil stew
- Read instructions below.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add chopped onion, celery and garlic and cook over medium heat until they become tender and slightly translucent (3 – 5 min).
- Add previously rinsed lentils, bay leaf, two types of paprika, a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stir, add vegetable broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and add previously peeled pumpkin that has been cut into cubes.
- Cook over medium heat for 25 – 30 min, adding more broth if necessary, until the lentils and pumpkin are completely cooked.
Taste, adjust with salt, remove the bay leaf and serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love easy pumpkin recipes check my Best ever baked pumpkin and nutmeg soup (photo below).