These Greek yogurt and coconut mini bundt cakes are quick and easy to prepare, soft and delicious. You can prepare them in under 30 minutes and decorate with melted white chocolate and desiccated coconut. These delicious mini treats are to be enjoyed both for sweet breakfast and as a snack. They are very fluffy and fragrant thanks to the addition of Greek yogurt. They taste a little like coconut and a little like chocolate. Maybe that’s why after the first bite you can’t resist the next one.
Greek yogurt and coconut mini bundt cakes
- 1 medium or large egg
- 60 g of white sugar
- 60 g of Greek yogurt I used coconut flavour
- 40 g of melted butter
- 60 g of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder (half)
- 50 g or less of white chocolate
- desiccated coconut
Instructions soft and fluffy Greek yogurt and coconut mini bundt cakes
- For this recipe I used the silicone moulds Mini Raggio made by Silikomart.
- For this recipe I used the equivalent ingredients for only 5 mini cakes but feel free to double the recipe or use different shapes such as mini bundt cake pan or muffin tin.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white. Whip the white until stiff and set aside.
- In a bowl, vigorously mix the egg yolk with the white sugar and the Greek yogurt. For this recipe I used coconut Greek yogurt but yogurt with a different flavor or plain white yogurt is fine. Add the previously melted butter and mix well.
- At this point, add sifted all-purpose flour and sifted baking powder. Incorporate it with the whisk.
- Add whipped egg white and gently incorporate with movements from bottom to top with a spoon.
- If you use the silicone mould, brush it with a some melted butter. If you use a classic pan, grease it slightly and lightly dust with flour.
- Pour the prepared batter into a piping bag or use the spoon. Divide the batter between the silicone moulds. Pour it up to halfway through the mould, at most up to three quarters in hight. These mini cakes grow quite a lot during baking.
Note from the author of this recipe
- While you are preparing your cakes I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara.
The chocolate glaze and the baking time
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down for about ten minutes. Gently remove them from the mould and if necessary let them cool down completely.
- Meanwhile, melt 50 g of white chocolate over water bath and place the dessicated coconut into a small bowl. Dip the cakes halfway up in the white chocolate and then directly into the coconut. Decorate all of them in this way. If you don’t like the decoration made with coconut and chocolate, I also recommend a simple decoration with a lot of icing sugar.
Let the chocolate cool down or serve immediately.
To be kept at room temperature in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you liked this recipe check my Mini tahini cakes with sesame seed brittle (foto below).