Savory Christmas muffins with broccoli and cheese are a delicious appetizer to offer to your guests during the holidays. You can bake them both in classic paper liners using the muffin tin and in silicone moulds with Christmas shapes like these beautiful little trees. These muffins are soft thanks to the use of yogurt and very flavourful thanks to the addition of grated cheese such as pecorino. Try them plain but also filled with some cream cheese with pink pepper, olives cut into slices or anything else to your liking.
Savory Christmas muffins with broccoli and cheese
- 120 g fresh or frozen broccoli
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80 g grated pecorino cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 ml plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp mustard
- cream cheese, pink pepper, green and black olives, cherry tomatoes, dried tomatoes etc. optional
Instructions savory Christmas muffins with broccoli and cheese
- For this recipe I used a Sapin Magique silicone pan produced by Silikomart. Alternatively you can use a classic muffin mold filled with paper liners.
- Boil the broccoli until tender. Drain, let cool and then chop very finely.
- In a bowl, mix chopped broccoli with a pinch of salt. Add sifted flour and baking powder and mix again.
- In the second bowl mix yogurt with egg, milk, mustard and oil. Unite the contents of two bowls and finally add grated cheese and mix again. The batter should be quite thick.
- Brush the silicone pan with some oil and fill it completely with the prepared mixture, dividing it between the 6 tree moulds. Bake in a preheated static oven at 190°C for approximately 20 minutes. Use a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin to check if it's done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the pan. Once completely cold, serve either whole or cut into three parts and filled with spreadable cheese and pieces of olives, dried tomatoes or nuts.
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store covered at room temperature and eat within a couple of days. Once these savory muffins are filled they should be stored in the refrigerator.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipe for Christmas or New Year’s appetizers, check my recipe for Salmon and cheese spread for Christmas and New Year appetizers (photo below) or Piadina rolls – quick appetizer with salmon and avocado (photo below).