If you are looking for a quick and simple appetizer with smoked salmon and avocado, these piadina rolls are perfect for you. It is a cold appetizer that can be prepared in just a few minutes and it guarantees not only a beautiful visual effect but also a lot of flavour. It’s an easy appetizer with salmon, cream cheese, spinach and avocado and your favorite sauce. You can customize them using mustard or mayonnaise, tabasco or wasabi or simply by adding a drop of lemon juice. Serve them during an appetizer with your friends or during the Christmas or New Year’s dinner.
Piadina rolls – quick appetizer with salmon and avocado
- 1 piadina or tortillas about 22 cm wide
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard or other type of sauce
- a few slices of smoked salmon
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 handful of baby spinach
Instructions Piadina rolls – quick appetizer with salmon and avocado
- Heat the piadina (or tortilla) for a couple of minutes to make it softer and more malleable. Spread one side of the piadina with cream cheese and add a strip of mustard or another type of sauce you prefer. Add the smoked salmon slices to the center of the piadina and cover them with slices of a half a ripe avocado. Finally add a handful of baby spinach.
- Roll the piadina rather tightly. Cut the end parts then insert toothpicks into the roll about 1.5 – 2 cm spaced between them.
- With a very sharp knife, cut the piadina into rounds. From this piadina I made 9 – 10 pieces approximately 1.5 cm wide. Place the rolls on a serving plate and add a baby spinach leaf in the center for decoration and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Keep in the refrigerator and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.