This salmon and cream cheese spread is a great way to create delicious and quick appetizers for Christmas or New Year’s Eve. The canned salmon is blended with cream cheese together with some cream and mustard which adds a delicious salty aftertaste. The addition of the zest and juice of half a lemon adds a fabulous citrus smell and flavor that goes very well with the salmon. Use this delicious cream mousse to garnish appetizers with puff pastry such as vol-au-vents or create bruschetta, canapés and sandwiches to serve as an appetizer during Christmas or New Year’s Eve dinner.
Salmon and cheese spread for Christmas and New Year appetizers
- 200 g of canned salmon (drained weight)
- 100 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- olive oil for garnish
- a few tufts of fennel leaves for garnish
Instructions Salmon and cheese spread for Christmas and New Year appetizers
- Place the drained salmon, cream cheese, mustard and cream in a blender jug fitted with blades. Blend everything until smooth.
- Add the juice of about half a lemon together with its zest and blend again until you have a lump-free mousse/spread. Taste and adjust with more lemon juice or mustard to add acidity or increase the saltiness. Serve garnished with a drizzle of raw oil and a few sprigs of fennel leaves.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.