Puff pastry candies with olives is another recipe for a tasty and super easy appetizer made within minutes. You can prepare these puff pastry “candies” with green or black pitted olives in no time and they are perfect for an appetizer, brunch or as a easy party finger food.
This puff pastry apppetizer is:
- quick and easy
- perfect for brunch or for a Christmas dinner
Puff pastry candies with olives
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- green olives
- 1 egg lightly mixed with
- 1 tbsp water
Instructions puff pastry candies with olives
- Roll out the puff pastry and with a wheel cutter or a sharp knife cut out long rectangles throughout the pastry (about about 8 cm wide). Divide into smaller rectangles obtaining pieces of similar sizes. In my case 8 cm x 4 cm.
- On each rectangle place a green olive that has been dried before with a paper towel and brush the puff pastry with an egg wash.
- Wrap each olive with the pastry without closing it completely and seal the tips. Twist the ends in opposite sides creating an illusion of a candy.
- Brush with the egg wash and place on a baking tray previously lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated static oven at 200 °C for about 10 minutes.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like easy and delicious puff pastry appetizers you should try my: Baked Brie in puff pastry.