Baked Brie in puff pastry is a simple but effective appetizer for cheese lovers. This puff pastry appetizer is a great crowd pleaser. You can prepare it in a very short time and it is a fantastic Christmas appetizer that you can serve during brunch with your friends and family.
Baked Brie in puff pastry
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 or more small round brie
- some apricot jam
- 1 egg mixed
- 1 tbsp water
Instructions: Baked Brie in puff pastry
- Divide the pastry into rectangles that are large enough to cover your cheese. If you like the sweet and sour combination, place a spoonful of apricot jam, in the center of the pastry then place over the cheese.
- Gently fold the edges of the pastry over the brie and seal it completely.
- If you have some leftover puff pastry you cut out some fun shapes (using cookies cutter) and place them on the top of your cheese. Brush the package with some egg mixed with a tablespoon of water to make them shiny and golden after baking.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 °C for 15 – 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Take out from the oven, let rest for a few minutes and serve hot.
lot of love. B.
P.s. If you are looking for another delicious and easy Christmas appetizer with puff pastry, you should check my Puff pastry stars stuffed with Italian caponata.