This soft lemon cookies recipe is easy, quick, and perfect for lovers of intense lemon flavor. They are sweet at the right point, fluffy and slightly sticky thanks to the addition of a sweet coating of granulated sugar. These delicious homemade cookies are perfect for breakfast or for a snack. With these ingredients you can create 12 large or 18 smaller cookies. They are not beautiful to look at but I assure you that they are delicious and melt in your mouth.
Soft lemon cookies
- 120 g salted butter or unsalted butter and a pinch of salt
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 3 organic lemons the zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda (three quarters)
- 190 g cake flour
- white sugar for the coating
Preparation of soft lemon cookies – the dough
- For this recipe I used salted butter made by Lurpak.
- Now add grated zest of three organic lemons and three tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix everything briefly.
- At this point, add room temperature egg and whisk again with the mixer set to minimum until the ingredients blend together.
- Add baking soda and sifted flour. Stir with a spoon briefly until there are no more visible traces of flour. The dough will be very soft. Now let the dough of your soft lemon cookies rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Note from the author of this recipe
- While you are preparing your cookies I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Butter and lemon cookies – forming and baking
- In a small bowl add some white sugar.
- Now using an ice cream spoon or regular spoon divide the dough into 12 equal parts. Take each part and form balls the size of a small tangerine. Place each ball first in the granulated sugar and then roll it gently to cover it entirely.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the first 6 balls spaced apart.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 150 ° C for about 15 minutes. Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your cookies.
- Proceed in the same way with the remaining 6 cookies.
Once baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B
p.s. If you like simple recipes for delicious butter cookies, check out my Easy wholemeal flour cookies (photo below).