This chocolate duvet cake is soft and delicate. It is a cake known by various names such as duvet cake, pillow cake or quilt cheesecake. Its flavor is a mix between an oven-baked cheesecake placed on a soft base similar to sponge cake. To prepare it you need a few ingredients which you surely have in the fridge or pantry. The batter cooks quickly, creating a puffy quilt effect, while the ricotta, cream cheese and chocolate chip cream is sweet and delicious. This cake is perfect with different types of syrups such as milk and condensed milk syrup, but if you prefer it less moist, serve it only with a layer of powdered sugar.
Soft and delicate chocolate duvet cake
Cream cheese and ricotta cream
- 450 g ricotta
- 150 g cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 70 g white sugar
- 2 medium eggs at room temperature
- 50 g chocolate chips
Soft chocolate base
- 5 medium eggs at room temperature
- 200 g white sugar
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 125 ml sparkling water
- 15 g baking powder
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g dark cocoa powder
Condensed milk syrup
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml condensed milk
Instructions soft and delicate chocolate duvet cake – chocolate base
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and then beat with an electric mixer at maximum speed for 5 minutes until you havea soft and light mass.
- Add water and oil and mix on low speed. Now add sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir briefly just to mix the ingredients.
- In a second bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff and gently incorporate them into the cocoa mixture with a spatula, moving from top to bottom.
- Line a large rectangular baking tray with baking paper. I used the baking tray (37×44 cm) that is supplied with my oven. Transfer the batter to the pan and level it gently. Now prepare the cream cheese.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Instructions ricotta and cream cheese cream
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Place ricotta, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolks in a bowl. Stir together to combine until you get a mass without lumps of cheese. Whip the egg whites until stiff and gently incorporate them into the cheese mass using a spatula. Add the chocolate chips and mix again. I reccomend to prepare it just before putting it on the cake.
- Place the cream in a piping bag and draw your lines over the base so that after cooking it will resemble the texture of a quilt.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 180°C for 30 – 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, add a few more chocolate chips for decoration and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugaror prepare the syrup by mixing the milk with the condensed milk and spreading in over the surface. Serve once needed.
Da conservare a temperatura ambiente coperta e consumare entro un paio di giorni. Se la torta viene ricoperta con la bagna al latte conservatela nel frigorifero.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipe for a delicious cheesecake, check out my Creamy cold cheesecake with cream cheese and kinder chocolate (photo below) or Vanilla Duvet Cake – fluffy and light cheesecake and sponge cake (photo below).