Puff pastry braid filled with cream cheese, pears and candied fruit is a simple, delicious and rich cake to quickly prepare for guests for a Christmas or New Year’s dinner. It’s a cake that can be prepared in 5 minutes and ready to enjoy in half an hour. A mix similar to strudel and cheesecake which together with mixed candied fruit creates a perfect and irresistible dessert for those who love the combination of fruit and cheese.
Puff pastry braid filled with cream cheese, pears and candied fruit
- 1 rectangular puff pastry roll
- 200 g of spreadable cream cheese
- 40 g white sugar
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 1 lemon organic (only the zest)
- 70 g of mixed candied fruit to taste
- 300 g pears
- some milk for the glaze
Instructions Puff pastry braid filled with cream cheese, pears and candied fruit
- In a bowl, mix the spreadable cream cheese with the granulated sugar. Add the starch, lemon zest and the mixed candied fruit (set a spoonful of candied fruit aside for decoration). Mix again and set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry and with a sharp knife or pastry cutter divide it into 3 equal parts following the longest edge of the rectangle. From the 2 external parts cut out strips more or less similar to each other, starting from the central part and cutting diagonally outwards. Discard some final pieces of puff pastry at both the bottom and top.
- Spread the central part of the pastry with the cheese mix and place the peeled and sliced pears on top, overlapping each other. Fold the central part at both the top and bottom of the puff pastry, overlapping the filling. Starting from the top, overlap the side stripes. Take the first strip on the right and lay it diagonally towards the filling. Use the same method with the first strip on the right. Continue with this process until you finish all the strips. Before baking, spread the braid with some milk.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 200°C for 25 – 30 minutes. Once ready, decorate with the candied fruit and a few cubes of pear and serve once the cake is warm or cold.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a short period of time as the pastry quickly loses its friability in contact with air and moist filling.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious dessert for Christmas or New Year’s Eve, I recommend Soft Christmas cookies with gianduia chocolate (photo below) or Super creamy, no-bake, Lotus Biscoff cheesecake (photo below).