Simple Italian focaccia with intense flavor thanks to the addition of buckwheat flour and Greek yogurt. Healthy and soft homemade bread.
Focaccia with buckwheat flour and Greek yogurt
- 250 g buckwheat flour
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 300 g about potato
- 170 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 g active dry yeast
- 250 ml or less water
- olive oil and coarse salt to taste
Instructions: Focaccia with buckwheat flour and Greek yogurt
- In a bowl mix two flours with sugar and active dry yeast. Add Greek yogurt (at room temperature) and mashed potato (previously peeled and cooked until soft). You can also used the potatoes from the day before.
- Mix and add oil and salt. Knead the dough, while gradually adding water, for about 10 minutes. The dough will be sticky. Place it in a slightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 2 hours until it doubles the volume.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- After 2 hours, deflate the dough and transfer it to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Pour some olive oil over the dough and your hands and gently flatten yoyr focaccia until you get the desired shape. Cover with a cotton cloth and let it rise in a warm place for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Prick the surface of focaccia with your fingertips. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some coarse salt.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 230 °C for 5 minutes then lower the temperature to 200 °C and bake for another 30 minutes.
Once baked, let it cool down and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are intereted in more recipes with buckwheat flour check my Buckwheat, almonds and rosemary homemade crackers recipe. (foto below)