Often the simplest recipes are the best ones and this chocolate and olive oil cake is this case. Intense, sweet, moist, with a delicate orange aftertaste thanks to the addition of orange marmalade in the batter. This chocolate cake is perfect for a dessert, a snack or as a base for buttercream filled birthday cakes.
Chocolate and olive oil cake with orange marmalade
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 150 g white sugar
- 80 ml olive oil I used Ursini olive oil brand
- 85 g orange marmalade
- 0.5 orange only the zest
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 130 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 g dark chocolate
Instructions: Chocolate and olive oil cake with orange marmalade
- Mix eggs, sugar, orange zest, olive oil and orange marmalade.
- Add sifted cocoa, flour and baking powder and stir. Finally add a pinch of salt and dark chocolate grated on a grater with large holes and stir again.
- Move the mixture into a 20 cm diameter round baking pan. I used silicone mould but you can easily use slightly greased and floured classic baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and from the pan and allow to cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love chocolate cakes with creamy filling you should also check my: Moist, soft and creamy decadent chocolate cake (foto below).