Simple and amazing, easy and delicious, intense and fragrant, decadent chocolate cake. With delicious chocolate cream cheese frosting and moist hot water cocoa cake it is sweet at the right point and will satisfy many chocolate lovers.
Moist, soft and creamy decadent chocolate cake
- 160 g cake flour
- 50 g dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee optional
- 120 ml milk
- 70 ml sunflower oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 120 ml boiling water
- 280 g spreadable cream cheese I used Arla cream cheese
- 115 g soft butter
- 50 g dark cocoa powder
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp or more milk
Instructions: Moist, soft and creamy decadent chocolate cake
- For this recipe I used cream cheese made by Arla that was kindly offered to me by its manufacturer. This cheese is 100% natural. It contains no preservatives, coloring agents, additives or stabilizers of any kind.
- In this recipe all ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Sift flour, dark cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Add salt, two types of sugar and instant coffee powder. Coffee powder is not necessary but will make the cocoa taste even more fragrant.
- Add egg, oil, milk and vanilla and mix briefly with the whisk.
- At this point add boiling water and mix well with the whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved and there are no lumps of flour.
- Cover the bottom of the 20 cm round pan with a baking paper, spread the walls of the pan with a some butter and sprinkle with flour. If like me you use the pan with the removable bottom take a sheet of foil and cover the bottom of the pan sealing it well as the batter is very liquid and could spill out during baking.
Baking your decadent chocolate cake
- Bake in preheated static oven at 170 °C for about 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and remove from the pan. Let it cool down completely.
- Prepare chocolate cream cheese frosting. Beat the butter until it becomes light and fluffy. Add spreadable cream cheese and beat again for 1 minute.
- At this point add sifted powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well with a spoon, add some milk to reach desired consistency. Place in the refrigerator before decorating your cake.
- Once the cake is completely cold, divide it in half and cut off the top part. Fill the cake and decorate it with chocolate cream cheese frotsing. If you would like add some chocolate chips in between the layers.
To be kept in the fridge.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love chocolate recipes I think this dessert is just for you: Double chocolate cream dessert.