Rich, thick, sweet and soft – these are just a few of the adjectives that describe this absolutely delicious coffee cheesecake brownies. It is a mix of two types of desserts that together create an irresistible cake for coffee and chocolate lovers. The brownie part, as always, is prepared without the baking powder or baking soda which makes it thick but soft, a cross between a cake and a dessert. The part of the coffee cheesecake woven into the middle of the brownie dough goes perfectly with the strong flavor of the chocolate. This cake becomes even better after several hours of rest. It is perfect to be prepared the previous evening and consumed the next day for a sweet breakfast or during the visit of family and friends.
Amazing coffee cheesecake brownies
- 100 g of butter
- 200 g of dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 220 g of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground coffee
- 120 g of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- 380 g of cream cheese
- 100 g of white sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground coffee
- 1 tsp ground cardamom optional
Instructions coffee cheesecake brownies
- In a small cup mix two tablespoons of instant coffee with two tablespoons of boiling water and set aside.
- In a bowl mix 380 g of cream cheese with 100 g of white sugar.
- Now add a tablespoon of previously prepared dissolved coffee, a teaspoon of ground coffee, a teaspoon of cardamom powder and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. The addition of cardamom is optional but I personally like the combination of this spice with the coffee flavour.
- Add two small eggs and mix.
- Whisk well until there are no more lumps of cheese and set aside.
- Melt 100 g of butter with 200 g of chocolate over a water bath.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and add 220 g of white sugar. Mix thoroughly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Now add the rest of the previously dissolved coffee and three eggs. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add 120 g of sifted flour and mix gently to incorporate.
- Line a 40 × 30 cm baking tray with parchment paper. Add three quarters of the dark brownie mixture. With a spoon add all the mixture of the cheesecake part and level it gently.
- At this point, add spoonfuls of the brownie mixture spaced apart. With a toothpick, create curlicues between two types of dough.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the brownie comes out clean. This type cake is without baking powder so it will have a compact and moist consistency but no pieces of raw dough should remain on the toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down completely. Like any brownie this cake will get even better once it has rested for several hours at room temperature or in the fridge.
I recommend consuming it the next day. Cut to your liking with a sharp knife and keep at room temperature for a few days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another cake with a surprising taste, check out my Honey and butter cake with fluffy polenta cream (photo below).