This delicious strawberry and lemon curd is perfect cream for filling cakes, pies and tartlets, cream puffs, decorating cream tarts with fruit, cupcakes or simply to be enjoyed with a spoon. It is also a very easy cream to prepare. The sweet flavor of strawberries goes perfectly with the sour and fresh taste of lemon. Eat alone or mix with whipped cream or mascarpone to create delicious variations.
Lemon and strawberry curd
- 260 g fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 70 g white sugar
- 1 tbsp potato or corn starch
- 1 organic lemon (only the zest)
- 1 tsp mild olive oil or lactose free butter (or regular butter if you are not lactose intollerant) (optional)
Instructions lemon and strawberry curd
- Clean the strawberries and cut them into quarters. Place them together with the lemon juice, grated lemon zest and 70 g of sugar in the small saucepan. Turn on the flame and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat until the strawberries release the juice, become soft and begin to fall apart.
- Turn off the heat and blend everything with the immersion blender. Pass the fruit through a sieve to remove the seeds and the grated lemon zest. From this ingredients I got about 250 ml of liquid.
- In the saucepan you used to cook the strawberries, pour 1 tablespoon of potato starch and add 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks. Mix with a whisk until all the ingredients are well blended and there are no lumps.
- Add the blended strawberries and mix. Place the liquid over medium-low heat. Stir continuously with a whisk until your curd thickens and has a custard-like consistency. Turn off the heat, add the oil and lactose-free butter and mix. Set aside to cool completely. Cover the surface withplastic wrap to avoid the formation of a dense and hard part.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 2 days.
lot of love. B.