This lemon and strawberry curd tart is a delicious dessert with two types of cream, lots of fresh strawberries and white chocolate chips. For this recipe I filled the shortcrust pastry shell with the lemon yogurt whipped cream and covered it with the strawberry and lemon curd. This cream is fresh, sweet and has a amazing fruit scent. All covered with lemon and fresh strawberry decorations and white chocolate drops for an extra sweetness. This tart is perfect for hot days and to be served straight from the refrigerator as it is light and refreshing.
Lemon and strawberry curd tart
- 250 g all-purpose or cake flour
- 100 g soft butter
- 150 g of granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 organic lemon (only the zest)
- 1 large egg
Yogurt whipped cream
- 125 g lemon yogurt
- 125 g very cold whipping cream (at least 6 hours in the refrigerator)
- 30 g white sugar
- 2 g gelatin sheets
Strawberry and lemon curd
- 260 g fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 70 g of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of potato or corn starch
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 organic lemon (only the zest)
- white chocolate
- fresh strawberries
Instructions for strawberry and lemon curd tart – pastry shell
- Place flour, butter, sugar, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a robot equipped with blades and blend until you have a sand-like mixture. Otherwise, crumble the butter with your hands or a fork into the flour mix.
- Add the egg and work briefly until all the ingredients are well blended. If the pastry seems too thick, you can add a teaspoon of very cold water.
- Wrap in a plastic wrap or place in a tight container with a lid. Place the pastry in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Take the pastry from the fridge and roll it out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 5 mm. Use the pastry to coat a round tart pan about 22 cm wide.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the tart and fill it with dried beans or special ceramic balls for baking. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake again for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Instructions whipped cream with lemon yogurt
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the yogurt along with the sugar in a small saucepan almost to a boiling point. Turn off the flame. Add the squeezed gelatin and stir to dissolve it completely. Set aside to cool.
- When the yogurt is at room temperature, whip the cold cream until stiff peaks. Gradually combine yogurt with the whipped cream stirring gently each time to make it incorporate.
- Once the cream is ready, place it in the refrigerator until it becomes completely cold and more compact and in the meantime prepare the second cream.
Strawberry and lemon curd instructions
- Cut the strawberries into quarters and place them together with the lemon juice, lemon zest and 70 g of sugar in the pan. Turn on the flame and bring to a boil. Cook until the strawberries release the juice and begin to fall apart.
- Turn off the heat and blend everything with the immersion blender. Pass the strawberries through a sieve to remove the seeds and lemon peel. From this dose of ingredients I obtained 250 ml of liquid.
- In the saucepan you used to cook the strawberries, place 1 tablespoon of potato starch and add 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks. Mix with a whisk until all the ingredients are well blended and there are no lumps.
- Add the strawberries and mix. Put the pot back on the stove. Stir continuously with a whisk until your cream thickens and has a custard-like consistency. Turn off the heat, add the butter and incorporate. Set aside to cool. Cover the surface with plastic wrap to avoid the formation of a dense part.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Strawberry tart – the decoration
- Fill the pastry shell with the whipped cream, spreading it evenly.
- Add the now cold strawberry curd and spread it too.
- Melt some white chocolate and decorate the surface of the tart. Also add slices of fresh strawberries and lemon slices. Let it rest in the fridge to let the flavours blend.
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 2 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipe for a tart with fresh fruit, check out my Mascarpone and orange blossom tart (photo below) or Black currant and coconut frangipane tart with panna cotta (photo below).