If you are looking for a easy, soft and delicate cake, I recommend my recipe for strawberry and coconut cake. This is a quick and simple cake to prepare that is perfect for those who are not very expert in the kitchen. It is made with few ingredients and is completely lactose-free thanks to the use of coconut oil which gives it a light and delicate aftertaste. If you don’t have coconut oil available, you can also use neutral tasting oil such as grape seed or mixed seed oil and melted butter as well. Obviously, if you use melted butter, the cake will no longer be lactose-free so I recommend coconut oil that goes perfectly with the strawberry flavor.
Easy strawberry and coconut cake
- 3 medium eggs room temperature
- 80 g white sugar
- 100 g coconut oil (or grape seed oil, or mixed seeds oil or melted butter)
- 200 g farina 00
- 1 tsp (generous) baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 400 g fresh strawberries
Instructions easy strawberry and coconut cake
- For this recipe the eggs must be at room temperature.
- Melt the coconut oil and set aside to cool down.
- In a bowl, whip the eggs with the granulated sugar for at least 5 minutes until they double in volume and become very light.
- Gradually pour in the coconut oil and vanilla extract while continuing to whisk with the mixer set on low until they are incorporated.
- Add sifted baking powder and flour and stir in gently, stirring with a spoon or silicone spatula with movements from the bottom to the top.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Line a rectangular baking pan (mine 20 x 30 cm) with parchment paper. Pour the mixture and level it gently. Sprinkle the surface with 2 tablespoons of dessicated coconut. Add the strawberries (previously divided in four) without pushing them into the batter.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes. Once bake, open the oven slightly and let the cake rest for another 5 minutes, then take it out of the oven and let it cool completely before serving.
If you like it, before serving the cake, dust it with some powdered sugar.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipe for a simple cake, I absolutely recommend my Soft chocolate and ricotta cake (photo below). If you are looking for something more complicated you should check my Strawberries and chocolate cake made in a silicone mold (photo below).