Perfect Greek yogurt pancakes
I know it is dangerous for me to claim that I have found a recipe for perfect Greek yogurt pancakes but these are truly the best American pancakes I have ever eaten. And I must say that I’ve eaten many of them! Not only because I have family members who have lived in America and they have prepared them for me from scratch and by using famous American pancake mix, but mostly because I have a picky toddler.
And this adorable picky eater had a phase where he did not want to eat anything but pancakes. So I was quite forced to try any possible variation: with butter, with oil, wholemeal flour, all-purpose flour, kefir, yogurt, chocolate, fruit, vegetables … Traditional sweet pancakes, savory, revisited… I have tried them all!
This is the recipe for pancakes that are perfect for me and for every person who have tasted them. They are tall, soft and delicate with a mild aftertaste of Greek yogurt (you can also use kefir). The addition of a pinch of salt gives them a pronounced and interesting flavor, perfect to be eaten both with fresh fruit and with maple syrup.
They need to be prepared with melted butter that makes them absolutely delicious. But I think we can put aside our diet from time to time and prepare some amazing delicios pancakes that leave us happy for the rest of the morning.
Perfect Greek yogurt pancakes
- 210 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1,5 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 170 ml Greek yogurt or kefir
- 110 ml milk
- 1 medium egg
- 60 ml melted butter
Instructions perfect Greek yogurt pancakes
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda. I always recommend to sift the flour because not only it removes all the lumps but it aerates the mixture. Add sugar and salt and stir.
- In the second bowl whisk Greek yogurt or kefir with milk and egg. Add warm melted butter and stir again.
- Put the content of two bowls together and mix briefly using a fork. The batter must be mixed roughly, it needs to remain dense with flour lumps (which will then disappear during cooking) and not too worked. If you over mix the dough unfortunately you will find yourself with rubbery or hard pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and if necessary add some oil to grease the pan. Pour over a generous spoonful of dough for each pancake.
- Cook on both sides until they are golden and cooked inside. Serve warm with maple syrup, honey, extra butter or fresh fruit.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
And how do you prefer your pancakes?
lot of love. B.
If you liked this recipe maybe you should also try: Vegan pancakes with banana and peanuts