These oven roasted eggplants with harissa and honey sauce are easy and quick to prepare. The eggplant becomes creamy and delicate, enriched by a delicious roasted bell peppers sauce, harissa, and the sweetness of honey.
Oven roasted eggplants with harissa and honey sauce
- 1 big eggplant
- 4 tbsp homemade harissa sauce link in the instructions
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Instructions: Oven roasted eggplants with harissa and honey sauce
- Mix the harissa sauce (grilled bell pepper sauce) with honey and oil. The recipe for homemade harissa can be found here. You can also use a store bought sauce but in this case you should adjust the flavor by adding some tomato sauce in case it is too spicy.
- Divide the aubergine in half and carve it as in the photo.
- Brush 2 pieces of eggplant with a half of the sauce and bake it in the oven preheated to 200 ° C for 30 minutes or until the eggplant becomes tender.
- After 20 minutes brush the eggplant with the remaining sauce and turn on the broiler. Broil the aubergine for about 10 minutes or until the sauce gets more dense and becomes slightly roasted.
- Serve the hot eggplant pulp together with the sauce.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing recipe with eggplants check my Savory rolls stuffed with Italian eggplant caponata (photo below).