The coconut yogurt cake is a soft but at the same time moist and delicious. A thin layer of white chocolate and dessicated coconut covering the surface make this cake even more irresistible. The syrup prepared with the coconut vegetable drink makes it rich and make it melt in the mouth! It’s a fragrant yet delicate cake. Perfect for breakfast with a nice cup of coffee or tea.
Coconut yogurt cake with white chocolate
- 340 g all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 165 g soft butter
- 180 g sugar
- 110 ml coconut yogurt (with coconut pieces)
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 90 ml coconut beverage (or regular milk)
- 1 tsp vinegear
- 1 tsp venilla extract
- coconut beverage (me ½ cup)
- 50 g white chocolate
- dessicated coconut
Instructions Coconut yogurt cake with white chocolate
- Mix milk or coconut dring (at room temperature) with a teaspoon of vinegar and set aside for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk soft butter along with sugar for 4-5 minutes or until it becomes light and fluffy. Add yogurt and whip again.
- Gradually add the eggs and finally the vanilla extract and mix at low speed.
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Now add milk with the vinegar and the dry ingredients. Do it in several stages, always mixing at low speed until all the ingredients are well blended.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- For this recipe I used the Silikomart – Vinyl silicone mold. The mold has about 20 cm in diameter. The volume is 1400 ml.
- Brush the mould with some vegetable oil and fill it with the prepared mixture.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for about 1 hour and 10. Check the cooking with the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake. Once removed from the oven, let it cool completely before removing them from the mold. Cut any hump of the cake to make it flat at the bottom.
- Melt white chocolate over water bath. Brush the edge of the cake with the chocolate and decorate with dessicated coconut. Once the chocolate becomes firm wet the surface of the cake with the vegetable coconut drink and serve.
Store at a room temperature.
lot of love. B.