Absolutely amazing, not too sweet tart with coffee, white chocolate and mascarpone cheese creamy filling.
The original recipe for the creamy filling is from my friend’s blog La mia pasticceria moderna.
Creamy coffee, white chocolate and mascarpone cheese tart
Crust with almonds
- 30 g almonds
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 110 g soft butter
- 85 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 6 g gelatin sheets
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml cream
- 3 tsp or more ground coffee (or 2 teaspoons of instant coffee)
- 1 cucchiaino acacia honey or glucose syrup
- 220 g white chocolate
- 250 g room temperature cream cheese
- cocoa powder optional
- Prepare the base and creamy filling the previous evening. The mascarpone cheese should be at room temperature.
Instructions for the crust
- Put almonds in a blender and blend until you have a texture similar to sand. In a bowl combine: sifted flour, sifted icing sugar and cocoa, a pinch of salt and blended almonds. Add butter and crumble it together with the flour until you get a mixture similar to sand. Add the egg.
- Knead the dough briefly until all the ingredients are combined. Wrap in the plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Instructions for the mascarpone and coffee filling
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for at least 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate over water bath.
- Meanwhile, mix cream with milk and ground coffee. Bring to a boil then take it off from the heat and filter through a coffee paper filter, a very thick gauze, a fine cotton cloth or (like me) use a French press. As a substitute you can use instant coffee powder but the final flavor will be slightly different.
- Return the mixture to the heat, add honey and stir. As soon as the liquid becomes very hot (but not boiling) turn off the heat and add squeezed gelatin. Stir and add previously melted white chocolate. Now using the immersion blender or a stand mixer, blend the liquid for a couple of minutes. Finally add room temperature mascarpone cheese and blend again until smooth. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours (better all night) before using it.
Instructions: Creamy coffee, white chocolate and mascarpone cheese tart
- The next morning quickly roll out the dough and place it on a round (20 cm wide), slightly buttered and floured baking pan. Prick the bottom with a fork. Preheat static oven to 160 °C and bake the tart shell for about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Take your creamy coffee filling from the refrigerator and whip it for 1 minute with the electric mixer to make it more malleable.
- Once the tart shell is completely cold, remove it from the mould and fill it gently with the creamy mixture.
- Create custom decorations on the surface and if you like, decorate with sifted cocoa powder and serve. Store in the refrigerator.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another coffee pie recipe you should also check my Coffee custard pie.