In this stracciatella tart the shell of thin shortcrust pastry is filled with a velvety ricotta, whipped cream and crumbly pieces of chocolate. The tart is decorated with fresh strawberries that break up the sweetness of the cream and add a sour and fresh note. The filling is very smooth and with a strong milky flavour and a delicate yogurt aftertaste. A perfect dessert tart for hot days.
Ricotta and chocolate stracciatella tart with strawberries
For the crust
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 125 g soft butter
- 125 g white sugar
- 50 g eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- lemon zest to taste
- 230 g ricotta cheese
- 35 g white sugar
- 200 ml cold whipping cream
- 60 ml yogurt (I used vanilla yogurt)
- 50 g dark or milk chocolate
- fresh strawberries
- almond and pistacchio pieces
- chocolate pieces
- mint leaves
- For this recipe I used a micro-perforated pan for the tart produced by Silikomart that is 24 cm wide and 1.5 cm high. If you do not use the micro-perforated pan you can use a simple tart pan.
- Put the butter, sugar and grated lemon zest in a robot equipped with blades and blend everything. Otherwise, use the mixer to mix the ingredients into the butter.
- Add the eggs and salt and blend again. Now add the flour and blend briefly to mix all the ingredients. Work the dough briefly with your hands to make it homogeneous, then wrap it in plastic wrap or put it in a tight container with a lid. Place the pastry in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Take the shortcrust pastry from the fridge and roll it out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured pastry board, bringing it to a thickness of 5 mm. Use the pastry to cover a tart pan about 24 cm wide.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- While the pastry shell is cooling down, prepare the ricotta cream.Whip the ricotta with the sugar for a few minutes until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- In the second bowl, whip the cold whipping cream and then add it to the ricotta cream. Incorporate gently with a spoon or a whisk. Also add the yogurt and finally some milk or dark chocolate flakes. You can obtain thin flakes by simply cutting a bar of chocolate with a large knife that has been placed in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Mix everything and then fill the pastry shell with the prepared cream. Decorate everything with very thin slices of strawberries. At the end, for decoration add the chopped almonds and pistachios, some chocolate flakes and a few mint leaves.
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 3 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipe with strawberries, check out my Lemon and strawberry curd tart (photo below) and Strawberry cinnamon rolls with lemon pastry cream (photo below).