Soft, sweet, delicious tahini cakes. They particular flavor comes from the addition of sesame paste. Garnished with a simple white chocolate icing and a homemade sesame seed brittle. These original and sweet dessert not only melt in your mouth but has a surprising particular shape and fragrant aftertaste.
Mini tahini cakes with sesame seed brittle
- 100 g tahini
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds mixed black and white
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g olive oil
- 120 ml milk at room temperature
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g white chocolate
- 2 tsp tahini
Sesame seed brittle
- 50 g white sugar
- 50 g white and black sesame seeds
- 0.5 tbsp water
- 1 drop about 1/4 tbsp of liquid honey
Instructions Mini tahini cakes with sesame seed brittle
- For this recipe I used Silikomart silicone moulds. The mould is velvety to the touch and with well-defined details. At first I feared that the cakes would not come out of from the mould without any damage and because of that I spread some of them with olive oil. I could not be more wrong… They came out just perfect, even from those I have not greased with oil. All you have to do is wait until they are completely cold and then flip the mould and push them out with gently but with determination.
- Mix sugar, tahini, vanilla extract and oil an a bowl. Add egg and whisk, then combine milk and mix again.
- Then add sifted flour and baking powder and mix with the whisk briefly until the flour is incorporated. Finally stir in sesame seeds.
- Fill each silicone mould with preppared batter about 1/2 in height. Bake in the pre-heated static oven at 175 °C for about 30 minutes. Once baked take them out of the oven and once completely cold remove from the mould. To do so, you shouldn’t pull them, instead push the bottom of each mould until they get out.
- Prepare the glaze by melting white chocolate mixed with 2 teaspoons of tahini over a water bath. Dip the cakes in prepared glaze and set aside to cool down completely.
Instructions sesame seed brittle
- In a small pan add white sugar and water. Mix and then bring to a boil without stirring. Once the melted sugar becomes golden color turn off the flame, combine honey, mix and add sesame seeds. Now you have to work fast because the mixture hardens in a few minutes. Move the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper, cover it with a second sheet of baking paper and flatten into desired thickness with the rolling pin. Remove the brittle from the baking paper and cut it into desired shapes using a sharp knife.
- Garnish mini tahini cakes with sesame seed brittle and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love small desserts with amazing and particular taste you should try my: Strawberry and rosemary red cupcakes.