A super fast, easy and healthy vegetable appetizer. Simple yet full of flavor and crunchiness from fresh raw vegetables. The creamy filling inside the zucchini roll is made of cream cheese, honey, mustard and some spice from chili powder or Tabasco sauce. This recipe is very flexible and adaptable to various types of vegetables that we have available in our fridge.
Crunchy and healthy appetizer – zucchini rolls with spicy cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 0.5 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- Tabasco or chili powder to taste
- 1 medium zucchini
- julienne carrots
- some baby spinach leaves
- julienne red and yellow bell peppers
- some red chicory leaves
Instructions: Crunchy and healthy appetizer – zucchini rolls with spicy cream cheese
- Mix cream cheese with the honey, mustard, olive oil and add chilli powder, or a few drops of Tabasco to taste.
- Rinse your zucchini and cut off the tips. With a potato peeler cut out long strips of zucchini. Spread the zucchini with cream cheese and put over some vegetables that you have cut into thin strips. Then add some baby spinach and red chicory leaves.
- Gently roll your zucchini strips into rolls, place them on a plate and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another super easy appetizer recipe check my Cheese and paprika puffs.