Tangy and creamy key lime pie is a traditional American pie that uses a cookies crust. The filling is very creamy with a pungent lime flavor and a texture that resembles almost a very light and fluffy cheesecake. Refreshing, tangy and delicious it is an as excellent summer dessert.
Tangy and creamy key lime pie
- 120 g cookies I used digestive cookies
- 45 g melted butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk unsweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 lime only the juice
- 2 lime only the zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Instructions: Tangy and creamy key lime pie
- Place your cookies in a plastic bag. Seal it then roll a rolling pin over the cookies, crumbling them until they become similar to sand (or you can crumble your cookies in a blender). Melt your butter, add it into the cookies and stir.
- Transfer the mix into a small round baking pan (cover the bottom with parchment paper ) and using the back of a spoon cover the bottom of the pan evenly with the crumb mix.
- Bake the cookie base in a preheated static oven at 190 °C for about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool down while you prepare the filling.
- Whisk evaporated milk, egg yolks, lime juice, lime zest, honey and sugar.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie base. Bake in a preheated static oven at 170 °C for about 15 – 18 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven let it cool down at room temperature and then let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or with a a topping of your liking.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love distinct citrus flavour in your sweet recipes check my Easy orange buttter cookies.