These eggs stuffed with avocado cream and decorated with fish roe are a delicious and delicate cold appetizer for Christmas or New Year’s Eve. The hard-boiled eggs are filled with a very light cream made with egg yolks, avocado, mayonnaise and a dash of mustard. Everything is then garnished with salmon roe, bottarga or caviar. Quick and easy fish appetizer to offer during the winter holidays.
Avocado stuffed eggs with roe
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 large ripe avocado or 2 small ones
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- parsley leaves for decoration
- fish roe (salmon roe, bottarga or caviar)
- 1 red pepper (or other) for decoration
- 1 green pepper (or other) for decoration
Instructions Avocado stuffed eggs with roe
- To make hard boiled eggs. Place the room temperature eggs in a pan, cover them with water and put on the heat. When the water comes to boil you need to lower the heat slightly and set the timer for 8 minutes. After this time, place your eggs immediately in cold water for about 5 minutes. This will stop the cooking process and make the eggs easier to peel.
- Take of the shell from the eggs eggs being careful not to break the outside of the whites.
- Cut each egg in half following the long side of the egg and delicately remove the yolks.
- In a bowl, place the egg yolks, avocado pieces, a spoonful of mayonnaise, a teaspoon of mustard, a teaspoon of lemon juice and finely chopped parsley. Blend everything using the immersion blender or small blender equipped with horizontal blades. Blend everything until it becomes a smooth cream without lumps. Taste and adjust with more lemon juice or mustard if necessary.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag, pour the cream into the egg cavity. Using a cookie cutter or a sharp knife, cut out stars from green or red pepper. You can also use cheese or puff pastry stars. Decorate each egg with a few parsley leaves, a vegetable star and a teaspoon of fish roe and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other simple and delicious Christmas appetizer, check my recipe for Easy and quick appetizer with apples, mascarpone cheese and walnuts (photo below) or Savory Christmas muffins with broccoli and cheese (photo below).