This everyday strawberry cake is delicate and soft. Perfect for breakfast or as a dessert. Easy to prepare and with a simple yet delicious flavour. Covered with a thin layer of powdered raw cane sugar. This cake is a perfect, easy, everyday cake.
Everyday strawberry cake
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 130 g white sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil I used sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 500 g strawberries
- raw powdered cane sugar
Instructions: Everyday strawberry cake
- For this recipe I used powdered raw cane sugar made by Decora.
- Divide room temperature eggs and put the egg yolks aside. Beat the whites until stiff peaks form for about 5 minutes then gradually add sugar, one spoon at a time, until the mixture becomes shiny.
- Add the egg yolks and beat again at low speed to incorporate them. Finally add oil and vanilla extract and beat again to mix well all the ingredients.
- At this point add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Stir in using a spoon with gentle movements from bottom to top.
- Grease and lightly flour a round baking pan (about 22 cm wide). Pour the mixture and decorate the cake with fresh whole strawberries by gently pressing them into the batter.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 175 °C for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, let it cool down completely and remove it from the pan. Decorate with powdered sugar and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious cake recipe with strawberries you should also check my Ricotta cream cake with strawberries.