This lemon, strawberry and raspberry cake is a filled and decorated layered cake for lovers of fresh and tart but sweet flavor. The cake part is made of an oyoghurt cake with pieces of strawberries in the batter. It is soft but at the same time compact, rich and fragrant. The cream, on the other hand, is light and velvety, a mix of mascarpone and lemon cream. Inside the cake, in addition to the cream, you will find more fresh fruit and raspberry jam. Everything is decorated with pieces of vanilla cookies and lots of fruit. It is a moist cake full of different flavors but which at the same time go very well with each other.
Strawberry, raspberry and lemon layer cake
Torta all'olio e yogurt
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 240 g white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 160 ml vegetable oil (mixed seed oil)
- 240 ml vanilla or plain yogurt
- 2 medium eggs at room temperature
- ½ lemon (zest)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 240 g strawberries
Crema mascarpone e limoni
- 3 lemons (the juice)
- 1 lemons (zest)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 150 g white sugar
- 20 g potato or corn starch
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
Decorazione e farcitura
- a few teaspoons of raspberry jam
- 12-16 strawberries
- mint leaves
- vanilla cookies of your choice
Instructions strawberry, raspberry and lemon layer cake
- In a bowl, sift flour with sugar, a pinch of salt and the baking powder.
- In the second bowl, mix oil with the yoghurt, vanilla extract, lemon zest and the eggs.
- Combine the contents of the two bowls and mix briefly, just to make the traces of flour disappear.
- Add diced strawberries and mix gently.
- Cover an 18 cm round pan and at least 15 cm high with baking paper and then pour the batter into it.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 180°C for 1 hour and 30/40 minutes. As it is a very moist and tall cake it will take some time. Be patient and check the cooking with the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake.
- Once baked, let it cool slightly before removing it from the pan, then let it cool completely before filling it with the cream.
Instructions lemon and mascarpone cream
- For the lemon cream, combine the juice of 3 lemons and the lemon zest from one of them. Add sugar, starch, egg yolks and whole eggs. Mix well with a whisk to mix the starch well and dissolve the sugar.
- Turn on the heat and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the cream thickens and begins to boil. Add the oil, stir, turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, briefly whip the mascarpone. Gradually add cold lemon cream.
- Whip until all the ingredients are well blended and the cream is smooth and without lumps.
How to assemble the cake
- Cut the cake into 3 equal parts. Cover the first disk of cake with a part of the prepared cream. Add three diced strawberries and a few teaspoons of raspberry jam.
- Stuff the second layer in the same way and then cover the cake entirely with the remaining cream.
- Decorate the lower part with broken cookies and the upper edge with crumbs. Add the fresh strawberries and raspberries and decorate with a few mint leaves.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 3 – 4 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipes for a delicious and different cake check my Moist carrot and pineapple cake with mascarpone frosting (photo below) or Molly cake with berries and white chocolate and yogurt cream (photo below).