The deviled eggs are a tasty American appetizer. The eggs are cooked until they become hard boiled and then filled with a soft creamy filling made of egg yolk mixed with mayonnaise and spices. Today I would like to show you my version of deviled eggs with a strong scent of smoked paprika which I think fits perfectly with this delicious appetizer.
This egg appetizer is:
- fast and easy
- with creamy filling
- perfect Christmas or Easter recipe
Deviled eggs with smoked paprika and capers
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 0.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 pinch bottarga roe of gray mullet or tuna, optional
- 2 salted capers
Instructions deviled eggs
- To make hard-boiled eggs. Put the room temperature eggs in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame slightly and cook for 8 minutes. After this time turn off the heat and put your eggs immediately in cold water for about 5 minutes. This will stop the cooking process. Remove the shell and cut the eggs in half longwise.
- Gently remove the yolk and place it in a food processor along with mayonnaise, smoked paprika and mustard. Blend everything until smooth and creamy.
- Helping yourself with a spoon or piping bag, pour the cream into over the egg whites.
- Garnish with some capers and a pinch of bottarga or smoked paprika.
Store in the fridge and consume within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love easy Easter egg appetizer you should also check my Hard boiled eggs with pink sauce and pink pepper. (foto below)