These soft chocolate cheesecake cookies are a real treat. Super simple and quick to prepare. They are called this way because of the Philadelphia cream cheese in the dough which makes them delicate. They are not too sweet and have a distinct cocoa taste. The addition of milk (or dark) chocolate on the top of the cookies’s surface adds extra sweetness. As already mentioned, they are very easy to prepare which makes them perfect to be made in the company of children who appreciate the flavor and texture of this cookie.
Soft chocolate cheesecake cookies
- 150 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 60 g of soft butter I used unsalted butter made by Lurpak
- 100 g of white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 generous tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
- 80 g of milk or dark chocolate
Instructions soft chocolate cheesecake cookies
- For this recipe I used unsalted butter made by Lurpak but you can also use the salted one.
- For this recipe all ingredients must be at room temperature.
- In a bowl place soft butter and cream cheese. Beat everything with the electric mixer until the ingredients combine and become fluffy.
- Add white sugar and beat until it is completely dissolved. At this point add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Add sifted flour, dark cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir with a spoon to mix all the ingredients. The dough will be thick and sticky but do not use more flour.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Wet your hands slightly with water and create about 12 balls of dough (wet your hands every time if they become too sticky). Place the balls on the pan. Take the chocolate and chop it coarsely. Add some pieces on top of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 15 – 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and proceed in the same way with the remaining dough.
Let cool completely before serving and keep in a closed jar for a couple of days.
lot of love. B.
P.S. If you love recipes with cream cheese, also check out my Lemon olive oil cream cheese dessert. (photo below)