Every time I make these sweet and super thin crepes the whole house smells like chocolate and everyone comes to the kitchen. The recipe I use is perfect for creating very thin crepes and filling them with whipped cream, fruit, crem cheese and sugar, Greek yogurt with vanilla, or to make them even more delicious, with Nutella. You can make these sweet crepes in minutes. Decorate their surface with melted chocolate sauce or sprinkle with powdered sugar. To lick your fingers.
Easy and super thin chocolate crepes
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 30 g melted butter
Instructions easy and super thin chocolate crepes
- In a large bowl pour 300 ml of milk. Add two medium eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter (30 g) and 1 or 2 tablespoons of white sugar. Mix everything to dissolve the sugar.
- Add cocoa powder (2 tablespoons) and 120 g of all-purpose flour. Mix everything with a whisk until all the ingredients are well blended. Otherwise I recommend a quick and easy method that I use, that is, blend everything using the immersion blender.
- Put your rather liquid batter in the fridge for 10 minutes. Do not skip this step as it ensures that the crepes do not become hard and chewy during cooking.
- As my grandmother says: "the secret to good crepes is a good pan" and I completely agree with her. To cook your crepe use a non-stick pan with a not too thin bottom. You need one that doesn't heat up too fast. I recommend trying the different pans you have at home by changing the amount of heat used. It will take some trial and error to find your perfect pan. My crepes cook on both sides 30 – 40 seconds on each side and remain elastic but thin.
- Preheat your pan. Lightly grease it with oil. I pour some oil on the saucer and using a piece of paper soaked in oil I smear the pan each time before pouring the batter.
- Using a ladle, pour the batter onto the pan, maneuvering it to create crepes. Cook the crepes on medium – high heat on both sides.
- Continue in this way until the batter is used up. Stuff to taste and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Keep in a closed container and eat within one day or keep in the refrigerator and eat within 2 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipes with chocolate check my Chocolate pastiera – Italian wheat and ricotta pie (photo below) or Quick chocolate cake for kids.