This coffee and honey cake is absolutely delicious. Not to sweet, moist and super fragrant thanks to the addition of brown sugar, cocoa and cardamom powder. If you happened to taste the French pain d’épices you will love this this coffee cake because it has a spicy aftertaste and a similar texture. Moreover, thanks to the addition of honey, this bundt cake can remain fresh and fragrant for many days, becoming softer over time. The coffee and spice mix is delicious but the touch of lemon zest adds a vibrant and interesting aftertaste. Absolutely a must try.
Coffee and honey cake
- 220 g all-purpose flour
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cardamom powder or equivalent weight of roasted and then grounded seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- 1 lemon only the zest
- 130 ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 170 g of honey I used millefiori honey
- 40 ml of strong espresso coffee
Instructions coffee and honey cake
- For this recipe I used silicone mould Gioia made by Silikomart.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, a pinch of salt, cardamom powder, lemon zest and a teaspoon of fine-ground coffee in a bowl.
- In the second bowl mix eggs, oil, honey and fresh espresso coffee.
- Combine two bowls and whisk briefly until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Grease the silicone mould and sprinkle it with flour. Pour the mixture into the mould and tap on a kitchen counter to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 50 minutes – 1 hour. Check if the bundt cake is baked using a toothpick after 45 minutes of baking.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 20 minutes before removing the cake from the mould. Let it cool down completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
P.S. If you are looking for another recipe for a cake with the delicate taste of coffee and a particular shape I also recommend my Mascarpone and coffee soft brioche.