These chocolate chip cookies with salted peanuts and caramels are so good that I had to give away a few or I would have eaten them all by myself. There are sweet but not too sweet and crispy but with a soft and chewy center. The pairing of caramel candy and chocolate is simply sublime while the addition of salted peanuts breaks up the sweetness and makes these cookies irresistible. Absolutely a must try.
Chocolate chip cookies with caramels and peanuts
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 125 g butter
- 40 g white sugar
- 90 g cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg (room temperature)
- 70 g chocolate chips
- caramels or soft caramel candies
- salted peanuts
Instructions chocolate chip cookies with caramels and peanuts
- Sift flour with the baking soda and set aside.
- Melt the butter and set it aside until it is at room temperature.
- In a bowl mix two types of sugar with the vanilla extract. Add melted butter and whip with the mixer for 3 minutes until the ingredients are well blended. Now add the egg and beat again until the mixture is frothy and full of bubbles.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and whip on low speed to incorporate. Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Use an ice cream spoon or regular spoon to make 10 – 12 balls of dough that are a size of a small tangerine.
- Cover the balls with cling film or a plate and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. To fully enjoy the flavor and texture of these cookies, I recommend placing the dough in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning take your cookies from the refrigerator. Roll them gently with your hands to slightly warm their surface. Place several small pieces of sliced soft caramel candy and press to make them adhere. Add salted peanuts to cover the entire ball of dough. I recommend putting a lot of peanuts as the cookies will spread a lot during baking.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Bake your cookies 4 – 5 at a time on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 12 – 14 minutes.
- Caramels tend to melt during baking and slide along the cookie. I recommend using a silicone spatula to move the caramel over the biscuit as soon as it comes out of the oven when the caramel is still soft and easy to handle.
- Once baked, let them cool completely before serving.
Keep in a closed container.
lot of love. B.