Honey and butter cake with fluffy polenta cream is a perfect cake for any occasion. Nice to look at and easy to cut. Thin layers of honey cake overlaid with a fluffy, cooked in milk polenta mixed with Lurpak butter and lemon juice. Delicate and particular delicious flavor. The cake can be prepared two days before as the layers in this period of time become softer and softer until they melt in your mouth.
Honey and butter cake with fluffy polenta cream
- 200 g slightly salted soft butter I used butter made by Lurpak
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 130 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 120 g polenta
- 750 ml milk
- 100 g brown sugar
- 160 g soft butter I butter made by Lurpak
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp or more lemon juice
- 40 g butter
- 100 g milk chocolate
Instructions: Honey and butter cake with fluffy polenta cream
- Beat the butter with the icing sugar until it becomes light and frothy.
- Add honey and beat again, then gradually add eggs and beat each time until combined. Finally unite sifted flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix until smooth. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts. Roll each piece of dough (dust with more flour if necessary) until you obtain a few millimeters high square (me 26 x 26 cm wide). Bake each square in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for ten minutes or until it becomes slightly golden. Take from the oven and continue in the same way with the other pieces of the dough.
Fluffy polenta cream instructions
- Cook polenta together with milk and the sugar following the instructions on the box. Let it cool completely. Beat the butter until it becomes light and frothy. Gradually add cooked polenta and finally the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Assemble the cake by overlaping thin crust layers and polenta cream.
- Dissolve butter on low heat, add 100 grams of chopped chocolate and leave to rest for two minutes. Mix to completely dissolve the chocolate, then pour over prepared cake.
Garnish with almonds and put the cake in the fridge for at least an hour.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing cake recipe check my Moist carrot and pineapple cake with mascarpone frosting (photo below).