The idea for this moist carrot bundt cake was born when I saw an online video that showed how to prepare various decorations with chocolate. The video includes strawberries covered with white chocolate (dyed in orange) to make them look like carrots. I thought this cute idea would be perfect for a fun spring cake. So I decided to create a soft and tasty bundt cake with blended carrots a delicate cinnamon aftertaste. It is decorated with butter and philadelphia frosting and fun green decoration that mimics green moss. I used my old recipe for green spinach cake to make the green decoration. The cake can be prepared by only using a blender. A quick and easy cake.
Moist carrot bundt cake
Carrot bundt cake
- 300 g carrots
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 160 ml vegetable oil
- 290 g all-purpose flour
- 170 g white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Frosting with butter and cream cheese
- 70 g soft butter
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 80 g room temperature cream cheese
Sweet spinach muffins
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 60 g white sugar
- 60 g vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup baby spinach
Fake strawberry carrots
- 6 strawberries
- 100 g white chocolate
- orange food dye
Instruction for moist carrot bundt cake
- For this recipe I used silicone moulds “Intreccio” by Silikomart. The mould for this cake has a volume of 1650 ml.
- In a jug of a rather powerful blender (the immersion blender is not good) blend your carrots with eggs.
- Combine vanilia, sugar and oil and blend again until everything is smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mould that has been slightly greased and dusted with flour.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 40 – 45 minutes. Begin to check the cake by using a toothpick after about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly and remove from the pan. Let it cool down completely before decorating.
Butter and cream cheese frosting
- Whip soft butter with the icing sugar for about 5 minutes using the electric mixer until the butter becomes light and frothy.
- Add room temperature cream cheese and whisk in briefly. Place in the refrigerator until the time you are going to use the cream.
Instructions for green moss decoration
- Blend an egg with sugar and baby spinach. Add oil, vanilla and lemon juice and blend again.
- Finally add flour with baking powder and blend until everything is smooth. Place 4 cupcake liners in muffin baking pan and add the batter up to 3/4 in height.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for 20 – 25 minutes. From this dose of ingredients we will grate 2 of 4 cupcakes to create our green decoration. So you will get two spare muffins :D. Remove from the oven, take out from the pan and let them cool down completely.
Strawberry – carrot decoration
- Melt white chocolate over water bath. Add food dye and mix to create the desired color. Pour the chocolate into a coffee cup. Dip each strawberry while holding the leaves and lay it on a flat surface. Pour the remaining chocolate into a piping bag. Cut the tip and decorate your strawberries with strips of chocolate to imitate strips on carrots. Put in the fridge and let the chocolate cool down.
lot of love. B.