Giant cinnamon roll cake is a very soft and fragrant cinnamon brioche with a sweet and sticky cream cheese frosting. Inspired by the famous Swedish and American cinnamon rolls, this soft brioche with an irresistible aroma and flavor is perfect for breakfast or a snack accompanied by a cup of latte. The maxi version comes in the form of a cake to be cut into wedges while maintaining the traditional spiral shape.
Giant cinnamon roll cake
- 130 g butter
- 480 ml milk
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 1 medium egg at room temperature
- 800 g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 g cane sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g of creamy cheese (I used Italian Osella but goat cheese or another cream cheese is fine too)
- 4 tbsp milk
- 50 g powdered sugar
Instructions Giant cinnamon roll cake
- Heat the milk together with the butter until it has completely melted. Set aside to cool down. Once the milk is just warm, add vanilla extract, sugar andactive dry yeast. Stir and set aside for 5-10 minutes until the yeast becomes frothy.
- Pour the flour and salt into a bowl. Add egg and milk with the yeast and mix well with the spoon until there are no longer visible traces of flour. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the flour to absorb the liquids.
- Now knead the dough by hand or in the mixer with a hook for 10 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth, elastic and non-sticky. Create a ball of dough and place it in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a cotton cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume, in my case 2 hours.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Forming and baking
- Deflate the dough and spread it on a floured surface to create a rectangle about 0.5 cm high.
- Now sprinkle everything with cane sugar mixed with cinnamon. Using a sharp knife or a pizza wheel, cut long strips of dough 1 – 2 cm wide. Roll the first strip on itself and continue adding more layers with the next strip.
- When it is too difficult to roll up your brioche, place it in the center on a rectangular baking tray covered with baking paper. Wrap the remaining strips around forming a maxi roll.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap or a cotton cloth and let the brioche swell for another 30 – 45 minutes or until it puffs again.
- Bake your cinnamon roll cake in a preheated static oven at 180°C for 25 – 30 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing cream cheese with the milk with a whisk and finally with the sifted powdered sugar. If you want your glaze to be thinner add more milk. Pass it through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Cover the brioche with the prepared glaze and serve.
Store at a room temperature.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipes for a soft brioche check out my Soft brioche buns filled with vanilla custard cream (photo below) Soft and delicious blueberry rolls with cinnamon (photo below).