Today’s recipe is for a cinnamon rolls with blueberries (blueberry rolls) which are soft and sweet leavened rolls that are filled with fresh fruit. Thanks to the addition of sugar the blueberries release their juice which thickens in the filling and creates a delicious layer similar to homemade jam. The cinnamon in the dough goes perfectly with the flavor of the fruit and the delicious glaze with ream cheese that makes the surface so sweet and sticky.
Soft and delicious blueberry rolls with cinnamon
- 120 g butter
- 460 ml milk
- 100 g sugar
- 3,5-4 g active dry yeast
- 750 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 400 g fresh blueberries
- 100-125 g sugar for filling
Cream cheesec glaze
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 150 g cream cheese
Instructions blueberry rolls – the dough
- Heat the milk together with the butter until it melts. Set aside to make it lukewarm. Now add vanilla extract, sugar and active dry yeast. Stir and set aside for 5-10 minutes until the yeast becomes frothy.
- Add flour, mix lightly with the spoon and finally add salt and cinnamon. Mix well with the spoon until no more traces of flour are visible. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the liquid to absorb the flour.
- Work the dough by hand or in the mixer with the bread hook for 10 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth and very elastic. Create a ball of dough and place it in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a cotton cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume, in my case 2 hours.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Blueberry rolls – filling and baking
- Deflate the dough and spread it with a rolling pin on a floured surface to create a rectangle about 0.5 – 1 cm high. Using the palm of your hand or a brush, spread the rectangle with a very thin layer of very soft or melted butter. Now dust the rectangle with sugar and finally add fresh blueberries. Gently press them to make them stick to the dough.
- Roll up the rectangle to create a roll of dough. Using a very sharp knife or dental floss, divide it into 30 similar parts. Take the dough rolls and place them inside a rectangular pan, covered with baking paper, leaving some space between them.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap or cotton cloth and let the brioches rise for another 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Bake your cinnamon rolls with blueberries in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 25 – 30 minutes, then take the pan from the oven and set aside to let them cool.
Store at a room temperature and eat within a few days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this kind of brioche with fresh fruit check out my Strawberry cinnamon rolls with lemon pastry cream (photo below) and Apple cinnamon rolls with walnuts, raisins and lemon zest (photo below).