Spicy broccoli and green olives pasta salad
This spicy broccoli and green olives pasta salad is simple yet super delicious. A combination of green olives, a slightly crunchy spiced broccoli, red onion and cellery. Rich and flavourful, unusual pasta salad.
Italian pasta salad idea - Spicy broccoli and green olives pasta salad.
- 300 g broccoli
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper or chili pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tbsp (or more) olive oil
- salt to taste
- 160 g small pasta (me orzo pasta)
- 80 g green olives (me Citres olives)
- 1 tbsp (or more) olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cellery stalk
- parsley leaves
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
5 minutes waiting time.
Instructions: Spicy broccoli and green olives pasta salad
Divide the broccoli into florets and cut them in half. Mix 3 tablespoons of oil with curry powder, turmeric, thyme, cayenne pepper and salt. Combine the florets and and stir to spread the vegetable with prepared mix. Place the broccoli on a baking tray covered with baking paper and cook in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes. Take out from the oven and let it cool down.
Cook the pasta following the manufacturer’s instructions. Drain and combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix and set aside to cool down. Meanwhile, chop the onion, mix it with vinegar and let rest for 5 minutes.
Slice the olives, and celery stalk and chop some parsley leaves. Stir together the pasta with broccoli and the rest of the ingredients and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing pasta salad recipe check my Wholemeal pasta salad with toasted chickpeas and pumpkin (foto below).
* This post was born thanks to the collaboration with the company Citres – excellent Italian pickled food products.