This brioche with honey, cinnamon and mixed seeds has a light yet rustic taste thanks to the use of stone ground flour. Aromatic, soft, slightly sweet, with a delicate aftertaste of cinnamon and with a crunchy amazing topping made of mixed seeds including poppy seeds, sesame and sunflower seeds.
False burnt brioche with honey, cinnamon and mixed seeds
- 500 g stone ground bread flour me type 2 Italian stone ground flour from Cuoredi
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinch salt
- 4 g active dry yeast
- 90 g honey
- 180 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 50 g butter I used butter made by Lurpak
- 30 g mixed seeds poppy, sunflower, sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
Instructions: Brioche with honey, cinnamon and mixed seeds
- For this recipe I use stone ground flour of type 2 made by CUOREdi. The flour is delicate to the touch and has a slightly sweet smell. I also use a mix of seeds: sunflower, poppy and sesame seeds
- Combine active dry yeast, stone-ground flour, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Add eggs, honey, slightly warm water and knead the dough by hand or in the mixer with a dough hook for about 10 minutes. After first 5 minutes gradually add soft butter and continue to knead until it is completely incorporated.
- Move the dough into a slightly greased bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and place in a warm place until it doubles the volume (my dough rose in 2 hours). The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough, divide it into 5 equal parts and create strips about 40 cm long. Roll each loaf over themselves to create a swirl. Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Continue in the same way with the rest of the dough. Cover the pan with a cotton cloth and let it rise for another hour.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with a few drops of water and brush your brioches. Cover them completely with mixed seeds and press the seeds gently on the brioches to make them stick well.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 220 °C for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love sweet brioche for breakfast or as a dessert check my Chocolate cinnamon rolls with chocolate cream cheese frosting. (foto below)
This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with CUOREdi – a company that produces organic, gluten-free products, stone ground flours and ready to use blends for high quality sweet and salty recipes.