Roasted barbecue potatoes with parsley and garlic sauce are a vegetable side dish with a rustic and intense flavor. They are perfect not only for those who do not want to abandon the smoky flavor of the barbecue and who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, but also for the meat lovers who want to enrich their mid-August barbecue with a side of vegetables. They are a perfect summer side dish. The short boiling of the potatoes guarantees a creamy center and a crunchy and smoky outer part. These grilled potatoes are served with a fresh sauce made from parsley, garlic and extra virgin olive oil that goes perfectly with the rich flavor of this side dish. Absolutely must try.
Roasted barbecue potatoes with parsley and garlic sauce
- 3 kg of potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large handful of parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 of garlic
Instructions roasted barbecue potatoes with parsley and garlic sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Peel your potatoes and cut them into wedges. Then add the potatoes to the water and cook until al dente for 5 – 7 minutes. The cooking time depends on the size of the wedges.
- Drain and let cool slightly. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil and cooked potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix gently to coat.
- Grill the potatoes on the barbecue, turning once, until completely cooked and roasted, about 10 – 15 minutes. For this recipe I used aluminum pans to place on the barbecue but you can cook your vegetables directly on the grill over the fire.
- Now prepare the sauce. Blend olive oil, garlic, parsley and salt with an immersion blender or a small mixer equipped with blades.
- Once the potatoes are ready, remove them from the heat and brush them with the prepared sauce and serve immediately.
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another vegetarian side dish for your barbecue, check out my recipe for Easy grilled vegetable skewers with fresh herb sauce (photo below).