This pan full of roasted vegetable is a recipe for an easy hot side dish that guarantees crunchy, light and tasty vegetables thanks to the addition of a mix of various spices and olive oil. It is an idea for a vegetarian, light, healthy and above all very flexible side dish as you can vary using fresh seasonal vegetables based on what you will find in your fridge and according to your personal preferences. In addition, these vegetables can become an excellent condiment for pasta, pizza or a filling for a veg sandwich. For this time I have used aubergines, courgettes, potatoes and carrots but you can indulge yourself with pumpkin, broccoli, cauliflower, even cherry tomatoes or pieces of onion. Try them on a crunchy bruschetta with a drizzle of raw olive oil.
Easy roasted vegetables with spices
- 200 g zucchini
- 200 g bell peppers
- 300 g eggplants
- 230 g potatoes
- 100 g carrots
- fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 (or more) tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp of salt
- ground pepper to taste
Instructions easy roasted vegetables with spices
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boiling point. Wash, peel and cut your potatoes into wedges. Cook for 4 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Clean and pat dry your veggies. Remove the tips from the courgettes and aubergines. Peel the carrot, remove the tips and remove the inside of the peppers together with the seeds.
- Cut the courgettes and aubergines into similar size cubes. First cut the peppers into strips and then into smaller pieces. Chop the carrot into not too thick rounds.
- In a glass pour 3 or more tablespoons of olive oil. Add 1 teaspoon of paprika (sweet or smoked), 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon of thyme, 1 teaspoon of salt and some ground pepper. Mix well.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Place your vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle them with the prepared oil mix. Toss well to get them covered entirely.
- Place everything on a glass baking tray or on a metal baking tray covered with baking paper. Add two cloves of garlic and sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake at 200 ° C for about 40 minutes or until your vegetables become slightly toasted and golden.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this super simple idea with vegetables also check out my Easy marinated tomato salad with fresh herbs (photo below).